NSTF is once again organising the School Contest for Young Scientists. The NSTF School Contest for Young Scientists was launched in 2002. Its main objective is: “to encourage young students aged eleven to fifteen to participate in scientific activity and involve themselves hands-on with Science subjects so as to discover the science of the world around them through research and experimentation.”
• Secondary schools apply with NSTF
• Students are encouraged to work in teams of five, supervised by a school teacher
• Teams conduct research and design a model on a scientific topic of their choice
• This project is then presented during the NSTF Science Week to other visiting students and the general public
• Participation offered by NSTF at appropriate available European / International Science Events for the first placed team
• Book prizes are presented to second and third placed teams
• Book prizes are presented to the winning team’s school
• A certificate of participation is presented to all participants
• 18th February 2013 – hand in application forms
• 5th April 2013 – hand in write-up and model/set-up
The NSTF-School Contest for Young Scientists is professionally adjudicated by judges coming from various fields of science.
For more information you may read the Rules and Regulations of this programme.